This policy gives you information on how NJ Theatre Academy collects, uses and protects data collected by/ submitted to us. This document outlines what we do with your personal data collected when using our website and when joining NJ Theatre Academy
NJ Theatre Academy is following the new Regulations for Data Protection, it’s use, storage and protection. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
We only collect Data that is voluntarily given to us.
We only collect data that we need to provide our services to you.
Data is collected though our website via a contact form for potential students (and their parents).
Further data is collected when a Student joins NJ Theatre Academy as a member.
This data includes; Name, Address, D.O.B, Gender, Email address, Telephone number, School attending and Medical information.
Data is collected for a various number of purposes:
1) To Respond to enquiries requesting our Services.
2) To ensure that necessary information can be easily, quickly and efficiently given to you.
3) To ensure quick and efficient Customer Service.
4) To ensure the Health and Safety of our Students and teachers.
5) To Comply with any law that is necessary.
We may collect details of the time you spend on our website including browsing actions,
IP address, operating system and browser type. This information is collected by google analytics using cookies and is purely for statistical purposes and not to identify any individual.
You can choose to disable cookies in your browser settings though this may impact your user experience when visiting our website.
We may use photographs of students for documenting our activities and for marketing or publicity purposes on websites, social media, news articles, and handouts.
In order to maintain the Security of your Data we use appropriate Physical and Electronic safeguards to protect your personal data from loss and unauthorised access, however cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties may never overcome those measures, with the Internet being an open system.
You Data is only held for the following reasons:
1) Student data is held whilst Students are current members of classes and is destroyed once a student leaves and there are no outstanding fees to be paid, unless required for Legal reasons.
2) We will also keep your contact information on file, if you have requested us to keep in contact with you. This could be to inform you of any other upcoming events that do not involve our main school, such as summer school or our agency.
You have the right to
1) See any of the information held by us for you (and your child/ren).
2) To change or delete it. Please note that certain information if deleted may compromise the membership of your child with NJ Theatre Academy
3) Any changes will be implemented within one Calendar month.
Sharing personal information.
We do not use your data for anything else and it will NEVER be passed onto Third Parties, with the following exceptions
1) To the Local Authority when required for Childrens’ performances.
2) To an examining body if a child is taking exams.
3) To medical bodies in case of Emergency.
4) We may disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or for child safeguarding practices.
NJ Theatre Academy never store details of your payment cards. All payments to NJ Theatre Academy are made by bank transfer, paypal, cheque or cash.
Permission for video and Photos to be used – Photographs and film footage will be taken of your child in both class room and performance settings, to be used in online and offline marketing and publicity. Please make sure that you have signed consent on your contact form, given to you upon joining. If you do not wish your child to be photographed or filmed please notify us in writing.
Sale of the business
In the event that the business is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
Changes to our Policy
Lawful Basis for Processing
All information held will be held for one of these bases Legitimate, Consensual and Contractual necessity.
What are your rights
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted. You may also exercise your ‘right to be forgotten’ at any time either by emailing or writing to NJ Theatre Academy. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/